About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to a small snapshot of what life's like inside my little corner of the world. I'm Shelly, I have a satisfying career and I'm shackled to my supurb husband. I'm the step-monster to his stylish son and together we have two stunningly beautiful daughters - Sugar and Spice, two stubborn dogs and a squawking bird. These are just some of the stories of my life.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Goodbye to Mamaw

Life hasn't been the same for her for quite some time.

She was married to the same man for 61 years. Together they had three children. One boy, Sonny -the oldest - and two girls Michele and Donna - the youngest.

Their children had grown up to have children of their own. Their children's children are all grown and many have their own children too.

Two of their three children are gone - Donna passing away in 95 and Sonny in 98.

Her husband passed away in 2005, right before they celebrated their 62nd anniversary.

62 years of loving the same man, of living with him, of seeing him everyday, of going to bed together every night, of arguing with each other, of laughing together, of crying together, of worshiping together and of loving together...It's almost unheard of these days.

She missed him.

She was lost without him.

She was no longer herself.

She recently celebrated her 82nd birthday - July 29th.

Today, she went Home. She went to be with her mother and father, her brother, her two children, and her love - my grandaddy.

Now she's happy.



Goodbye Mamaw. I love you.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh Yvette...what a sweet post to honor your Mamaw. I'm sorry for your loss, but I have to rejoice for Heaven's gain!

    May God be with your family during this time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Yvette.
    What a sweet tribute to her.
    I will be praying for you and your family.

    God Bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious Mamaw! I am sorry for your family's loss. Having recently gone through this myself I know just how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet testimony. You're right...her life is not the norm anymore. I wish it was. God bless your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tribute!! I will keep you and your family in my prayers (as always). She is in a better place and you will see her again one day. God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvette, this is a beautiful post and such a heartfelt tribute to your mamaw. I'm very sorry for your loss but will be thinking of you and praying for your comfort during this tough time.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yvette, I am so very sorry for your loss. Growing up without grandparents, and then losing my precious angel Mother when she was only 47, I can only imagine how you hurt. You have my sincerest sympathy.

    Also, I want to thank you so much for being my Amy's friend! It's just amazing how you two have bonded!
    Sandra :) (Amy's Mom)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a stranger - please leave a comment. They make me smile :)