About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to a small snapshot of what life's like inside my little corner of the world. I'm Shelly, I have a satisfying career and I'm shackled to my supurb husband. I'm the step-monster to his stylish son and together we have two stunningly beautiful daughters - Sugar and Spice, two stubborn dogs and a squawking bird. These are just some of the stories of my life.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Around and Around We Go

Photobucket


By now, I'm sure you are all aware of my feelings about public restrooms.


HATE THEM!!


That being said, you also know that they aren't always avoidable. When I must break down and visit the public facilities the best I can hope for, is that they are clean.


Today, I went to the movies with my mom but before going to the movies we ate at McAlister's.


If you've ever been there you know they serve the worlds largest sweet tea! (AND they offer free refills)


I'm sure you know what that means......Yep, you guessed it. I had to go to the restroom.


So, I walk into the restroom and I was relieved to find that they were clean.


I make my way over to the last stall - us big boned girls like to use the large, handicap stalls (gives us a little extra elbow room).


But this must have been the worlds smallest handicap stall. There is NO WAY that a person who is wheelchair bound would be able to fit in a stall that tiny.


So, I use the restroom and go to pull the toilet paper only to discover that it was a brand new roll and the person who installed it didn't bother to get it started.


After a few minutes of turning the giant roll, I finally found what could be the starting point so I pulled it off.


At this point I was thinking to myself: if I stay in here long enough do you think my mom will come check on me to find out what's wrong?


After several more minutes of pulling off one.................... square.................... at.................... a.....................time, I finally had enough to dry myself off.


Whew! Who knew I was going to get such a workout by simply using the restroom??

I walked back into the theater, chuckling about my experience, and there sat mom, eating all the pop corn, not a care in the world.


I swear, the tidy bowl man could have flushed me down the toilet and she wouldn't have even noticed I was missing. It's nice to be loved.

2 comments:

  1. You are hysterical....and you are my twin!:)
    Usually when I go to a public restroom there is NO paper......But if there is paper, it is a "new roll" the size of a cheese wheel....And they apparently used Super Glue to keep the "first" square attached....Hence, the one square at a time tearing off method.:)

    I can't wait to share with you the story of the public restroom in France....you will love it....While I was there all I could think about was you and my friend Kenny (who also hates public restrooms). :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a stranger - please leave a comment. They make me smile :)