About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to a small snapshot of what life's like inside my little corner of the world. I'm Shelly, I have a satisfying career and I'm shackled to my supurb husband. I'm the step-monster to his stylish son and together we have two stunningly beautiful daughters - Sugar and Spice, two stubborn dogs and a squawking bird. These are just some of the stories of my life.

Friday, April 4, 2008

What is That?

I was sitting at my desk, working away and minding my own business, when it first got my attention.

At first it was just a mist.

Then it began to take form.

It was like a hook shaped finger.

It crept up behind me and tickled my nose hairs.

That's when I saw the color - GREEN!

It was a green cloud. And it wasn't even a pretty shade of green, it had a brownish tint to it.

Then it clutched onto my nostril and it YANKED!

It was awful! I thought I was going to fall out of my chair.

Everyone else seemed to be plugging away, blissfully unaware of the green cloud that had taken form and rounded the corner. It was nothing more than work, as usual.

Now, I know that I have the nose of a bloodhound but could no one smell that??

SOMEONE-WAS-STINKY-POOTING!!

Since no one else seemed to notice the big green cloud in the room, I formed a theory.

Wanna hear it?? Good. Here it is:

My cube is in the path of the restroom.

I think that the culprit was trying to make it to the restroom, but they had a little slip on the way there.

In their effort to rush, it created an air flow that stirred up their slippage and whisked it into my cube where first it tickled, then it grabbed, and finally it punched me - right.in.the.nose!

I turned on my fan, in hopes of airing things out.

This must have sent the cloud to someone else's cube - maybe even the culprit himself - because the next smell that drifted along was that of a spray.

A spray that one uses when one accidentally loses their manners and wants to "cover it up" before anyone else comes along and says something about the green cloud hanging out in their cubical that would turn their face red and give them away.

Something like, "Pe-eww! What's that smell??"

5 comments:

  1. Oh, pee-ew. You know, I've lived with my husband and son so long, that I just get a whiff of something, then breathe through my mouth for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how funny! Hope the air cleared!

    Hope you had a good weekend Yvette - see you soon - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wha-ha-ha-ha!!
    That's the funniest story...you did a great job with that one...

    ...it punched you in the nose...

    Ah-hahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BWHAHAHAHA!! Awesome description!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! You are soooo funny! girl who was up there funking up this place??!!

    You are so in the wrong business ~ you're a GREAT story teller!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a stranger - please leave a comment. They make me smile :)