About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to a small snapshot of what life's like inside my little corner of the world. I'm Shelly, I have a satisfying career and I'm shackled to my supurb husband. I'm the step-monster to his stylish son and together we have two stunningly beautiful daughters - Sugar and Spice, two stubborn dogs and a squawking bird. These are just some of the stories of my life.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blogging and Good Mail


Blogging.

When I first heard that word, I was watching a movie with Hillary Duff and Heather Locklear called "The Perfect Man" (Very cute movie for those who haven't seen it). In it, Holly - played by Hillary Duff - was 'blogging' about her circumstances.

I recall wondering what on earth that was... Blogging?? What does that word mean anyway??

So I looked it up on Dictionary.com and here is what I found...
blog (blŏg)
n. A weblog.

intr.v. blogged, blog·ging, blogs
To write entries in, add material to, or maintain a weblog.

[(we)blog.]
blog·ger n.

Okay, so now I knew the meaning but I still didn't get it - those who don't blog never do, get it that is - so I just let it go. But the years ticked by and I heard more and more about this strange word, which I had never before known, as this oddity called blogging became increasingly popular.

What was the attraction? I wondered to myself. It seemed that everyone had this thing called a blog, further peaking my curiosity. One day I did a Google search to find out more about the fascination of this phenomenon.

On December 24, 2006 I wrote my first blog post on my MySpace blog - this was before I knew anything about blogspot.com - going on to write a total of 5 posts between my first one and the time that my friend introduced me to blogspot.com (My first post on blogspot written on 5/31/07).

Since being introduced to blogspot, by my friend Tina from Golden Goodness, I have gone on to post a total of 151 times on my family blog and create two more blog pages - this one (38 posts) and my Movies with Mom (45 posts). I have also joined a blog group called Good Mail - where the members occasionally send others in the group something nice to open in their mailbox.

Turns out, I love blogging!

I love writing about the memories of my time spent with family. I love writing about the funny things in life, and making people laugh. I love receiving peoples responses to my stories. And I love going to other peoples blogs and reading their stories. But most of all, I love the wonderful group of friends that I have met in the blog community. Even though I have never personally met any of my blogging buddies - with the exception of Tina, whom I knew before blogging came along - I have connected with many of them, through their stories and their comments, and I feel very blessed to have made their acquaintance.

Just this week alone, I have received another two pieces of Good Mail. I can not tell you how nice it is to open up the mailbox and find something inside other than bills or junk mail.

My first Good Mail came on Thursday (6/19). It's from Jody at Doran and Jody and inside was this...

Five, one dollar gift certificates to Mc Donalds - M&M McFlurry, here I come!! (how'd she know those were my favorite??)

Thanks Jody!! I can't wait to go get my McFlurry :)

The next Good Mail came yesterday (6/21) from Kelli at All K Names, and inside was this...

A sweet card wishing me a great day and a wonderful summer - so far, so good ;) - with a pack of Extra gum and a Hershey's 100 Calorie Pretzel Bar - that was SOOOO good!!

Kelli mentioned that she had trouble choosing one person from the group, so she sent some Good Mail to everyone. She had concerns that we wouldn't think it personal enough but here's how I feel about it...

Everyone deserves some "goodness" in their lives and she has blessed each of us with a little piece of happiness. Besides that, the envelope was addressed to me and that made it personal enough ;)

Thank you, Kelli!! I hope you have a wonderful summer too; as I wish the same for each of my family and friends - bloggy and otherwise. You guys are awesome and I love you all!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a stranger - please leave a comment. They make me smile :)