About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to a small snapshot of what life's like inside my little corner of the world. I'm Shelly, I have a satisfying career and I'm shackled to my supurb husband. I'm the step-monster to his stylish son and together we have two stunningly beautiful daughters - Sugar and Spice, two stubborn dogs and a squawking bird. These are just some of the stories of my life.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Peek-A-Boo


She walked into the restroom only to find that the cleaning lady was in there. This was one of those moments where she had waited until she could wait no longer, so she looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, I'm going to have to use the restroom. I can't wait until you're finished."

The lady smiled and said that was fine; she didn't have to wait for her to finish.

So she walked into the stall and went about her business, while the cleaning lady continued to stock the room with the necessary supplies.

As she was finishing up and getting ready to stand up and exit, the empty seat cover box was suddenly removed and she looked over and there was a face - RIGHT THERE! Right where the toilet seat covers were being replaced.

Okay, HELLOOOO???? I realize that you have a job to do, but could you not wait until I wiped my ass and vacated the stall before you completed this one particular task??

She didn't actually say that out loud, but I'll bet she was thinking it...

OH MY GOODNESS! I can not tell you how happy I was that this one bathroom nightmare story did not belong to me.

That's right, this one wasn't mine...This one belongs to a friend/co-worker of mine. She told me about it last Friday - knowing my feelings and issues with public bathrooms - and I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants - good thing I wasn't wearing my Spanx that day. I'm just sayin.

Anyway, it was so funny to me that I thought I would share it with you. After all, everyone needs a good laugh every once in a while, right? AND since it happened to her and not me....Oh, who am I kidding? This one would have ended up on the blog no matter who the victim it happened to.

So I already know how I would have handled this situation, but how about you?? What would you have done if this had been you??


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Bless her heart! If I did not know any better, I would think that you were talking about me.....sigh.....

    Apparently that cleaning lady missed school the day they taught etiquette in "compromising" situations.

    And you probably already know this, but if this had happened to me, I would probably have burst into tears....then eventually gotten over myself....and proceed to blog about it....And I would show the picture of her face peeking at me, seeing as how I always have my camera with me....even in the bathroom.;)

    Big hugs,
    Amy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a girl has gotta pee and a girl has gotta wipe...so I would have just carried on and hope the cleaning lady would not need therapy after seeing ME on the toliet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. goodness. My shy bladder may have exploded at that point. No kidding. I can't pee with an audience. Even in nature. I've tried.
    I bet Amy would have taken a picture of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!
    I'm SO glad that didn't happen to you!!

    Hmmm...Maybe I would've asked her if she got the peek she was hoping for...and then ask for the manager.

    I don't know...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a stranger - please leave a comment. They make me smile :)